comment Add Comment

‘Vogue’ Photographer Mario Testino Accused Of Groping & Masturbating On Male Models

You may not know Mario Testino‘s name, but you know his work. The 63-year-old fashion photographer has captured the likenesses of the Royal family and many other well known celebrities, including Serena Williams for the latest cover of Vogue. But his name is now making headlines after the New York Times reports that 13 male models and assistants who’ve worked with the famed photographer allege that he committed various acts of sexually inappropriate behavior toward them. The NYT also reports that fashion photographer Bruce Weber, who contributed to Vogue in the past, as well, faces sexual misconduct claims from 15 different male models.

One of the claims comes from Hugo Tillman, who started freelancing as a photo assistant for Mario in 1996, and eventually became his fourth assistant.  “I was often made to feel uncomfortable on shoots, asked to massage Mario in front of other assistants, models and fashion editors,” Tillman alleges in the New York Times pice. He goes on to clim that Mario once allegedly grabbed him on the street and tried to kiss him. He also allegedly met Mario in a hotel room during a business trip, where he claims the photographer allegedly threw him on a bed, climbed on top of him, and pinned down his arms. At that point, Mario’s brother allegedly came into the room and told him to get off the assistant.

“Sexual harassment was a constant reality,” alleges another of Testino‘s assistants from the late ’90s, Roman Barrett, who also claimed the photographer rubbed up against his leg with an erection and masturbated in front of him. “He misbehaved in hotel rooms, the backs of cars and on first-class flights,” he said. “Then things would go back to normal, and that made you feel gaslighted.”

While Voguehas worked with both Mario and Bruce, and with Mario as recently as their February 2018 issue, they will no longer be working with either of the photographers in light of the allegations. “We are deeply disturbed by these accusations and take this very seriously—as previously noted in our statement regarding sexual harassment,” a Vogue spokesperson tells HollywoodLife “In light of these allegations, we will not be commissioning any new work with them for the foreseeable future.”

In a statement posted on the Vogue websiteAnna Wintour also addressed the accusations, while noting that the magazine’s publisher, Condé Nast, is rolling out a new Code of Conduct for outside contributors, which includes that models must pre-approve shoots that involve nudity or sexually suggestive poses. “Today, allegations have been made against Bruce Weber and Mario Testino, stories that have been hard to hear and heartbreaking to confront. Both are personal friends of mine who have made extraordinary contributions to Vogue and many other titles at Condé Nast over the years, and both have issued objections or denials to what has emerged,” Anna wrote. “I believe strongly in the value of remorse and forgiveness, but I take the allegations very seriously, and we at Condé Nast have decided to put our working relationship with both photographers on hold for the foreseeable future.”

Mwbuzzers, this story is still developing. We will keep updating as more information unfolds.

Source link

comment Add Comment

Michael Douglas Vehemently Denies Masturbating In Front Of Former Employee 32 Years Ago

Michael Douglas is making sure time isn’t up for him by getting ahead of a story that he masturbated in front of an ex employee. We’ve got his vehement denial.

Acting legend Michael Douglas, 73, is getting ahead of a story that several trade publications were investigating where a former female employee claimed that he masturbated in front of her 32 years ago. He told our sister site Deadline in an in-depth interview on Jan. 9 that he had been contacted by reporters from our fellow sister site Variety as well as the Hollywood Reporter regarding the tawdry allegations and he revealed that he decided to go on record and make the narrative his own instead of the accuser’s.

The Oscar winner said that he got a call about it before the holidays and then again recently. The woman had claimed her used colorful language in front of her, which he said would have only happened if she listened in on private conversations, and even more disturbing she alleged that Douglas masturbated in front of her. The actor had to rack his brain to even remember the woman, who also claimed that he fired her and blackballed her from getting another job. It turns out she worked at his production development company in the ’80s and he says that she was simply let go because business was slow at the time. He really lashed out about the masturbation claim as he knows how damaging something like that could be once the allegations broke wide.

Douglas said he got on the phone with the reporter from the Hollywood Reporter and told them that the masturbation story was “a complete lie, fabrication, no truth to it whatsoever. The reporter told me, ‘she did say that you never harassed her, never touched her,’ and I said…okay. So I didn’t know where this comes from.” He says a reporter from Variety then contacted him several days ago and Douglas realized the woman was shopping her story and the HR was about to break it. He decided then and there to set the record straight before the accusations ever hit the press. See pics of  Michael, here.

He told Deadline, “I’d confess to anything I thought I was responsible for. And it was most certainly not masturbating in front of this woman. This reeks. I would have respected if she had reached out to me any time over these years, to share her pain or concerns and I would have been the first one to respond. But this, going directly to the newspapers or whatever you want to call them, it just reeks of something else. I’m upset. It wasn’t the new year I had anticipated. I’m having a hard time understanding it. I’m very grateful to my family and business associates around me. I’m fearful, I have jobs going with studios who all seem to be supportive at this time. I’m hurt, really hurt and offended and I wonder if people realize when you do something like this, it hurts a lot more than just one person.” You can read the entirety of his interview with Deadline, here.

Mwbuzzers, do you believe Michael that this woman was only coming forward now because of the #metoo movement to carry out a grudge against him?

Source link